Monday, June 18, 2007

More on how I started...

Here's a story about how I started.

In August of 2005, I was on a trip to Seattle and I weighed about 175 pounds. I thought to myself: If I lost 5 pounds, I'd be in great shape. Just 5 pounds and I'd feel better.

By January of 2006, I weighed 185. I had gone in the wrong direction. Since then, my weight has hovered between 182-185, sometimes a pound or 2 in either direction. Never below 180.

Finally, in March of this year, I decided to do SOMETHING. I wanted to lose weight.

I weighed 175.5 this morning, same as I did the last two mornings. I haven't been at that weight in nearly 2 full years.

The guiding principles for me have been

1) Drinking more water
2) Eating predictable portions of foods that satisfy
3) Lifting weights
4) Walking

The combination of these 4 elements has resulted in weight loss and maintenance. I could probably lose 5 or so more pounds. But the weight-lifting has given my body a better shape -- I look better both in and out of my clothes -- and probably added a bit of bulk.

Now, I'm focusing on mainenance. Can I stay at or below 175?

No comments: