Friday, July 13, 2007

Losing Week

This week was a losing week.

And that's a good thing.

Healthy weight loss is 1-2 pounds a week.

At the beginning of this week, I weighed 174. Today, I weigh 172.

Back in August of 2005, when I was consistently weighing around 175, I set a goal of 172. And then got all the way up to 185. Finally, this year in March, I acted. Lately, I've been steady at around 175 -- the same weight I was when I thought I needed to lose a few pounds.

And then this week, a breakthrough. I'm 172. You can actually begin to see some of the definition from the weight-lifting I've been doing. Yes, the muscle has been there -- but now, you can see it.

I will continue on this path -- fairly sensible eating, aerobic exercise, and weight-lifting. I exercise in some fashion every day and lift weights 3-4 times a week.

And I feel great. Better than I have in some time. Someone told me the other day that I look younger. How great is that?

So, to those of you out there who are frustrated or struggling, I say: start slow, make sensible changes, and stick to it. Don't give up if you have a bad day or a weight gain -- stick to the plan -- slowly, surely you'll see results.

I never want to weigh 185 again. Or even 180. I want to feel at least as good as I do now -- if not better. So, that's the motivation I need for sticking with my plan.

1 comment:

C. hailey R said...

you go girl,hope you keep up with your ideal weight loss goal/plan.
Here's a suggestion might help you out a bit- It's from a doctor friend of mine......Each day-
*Always eat breadfast
*Take one dose of aloe vera with your breadfast drink
*Eat three meals a day
*Drink 3 pints of water and at least three portions of fresh fruit
*Eat at least three portions of veggie
*Eat one portion of a non-dairy product

FAT RICH FOODS
*Cakes *Deserts * Ice cream * chips * sweeteners

Bad buys: Sugary cereals, pasties, pies,sausages,cookies, chocolate, french fries, salted nuts,crisps white bread,sweet fizzy drinks, cooking oil, margarine, packaged orange juice, coffee, tea, dairy milk, cow's milk cheese, beef or pork.
**Good buys:Porridge,muesli fish, poultry,lamb,bananas, dried fruit, baked potatoes,sesame seeds,fresh nuts wholemeal,brown bread fresh juice,water extra virgin olive oil, butter/non hydrogenated margarine,homemade apple/grape juice,water,freshly squeeze fruit or veggie juice, herbal tea,soya milk,sheep's or goat's milk cheese,lean lamb etc